Do you feel like your home is cluttered and cramped? If so, you’re not alone. Many people feel this way, especially in today’s economy. It can be tough to find space for everything when your house is small. But don’t worry – we have some space saving DIY project ideas that can help! In this blog post, we will discuss five space saving projects that you can make for your home using woodworking skills. These projects are easy to follow, and they will help you reclaim some much needed space in your home!
House Space Saving Ideas:
When space is at a premium, you need to be creative in order to have enough space for everything you want and need.
Here are some space saving ideas that can help make your home more functional. You’ll see how easy it is to do these projects yourself with a little planning!
– Wall Mounted Storage Units – Installing wall mounted storage units is a great way to free up space in your home. You can find these at most home improvement stores, and they are easy to install.
– Loft Bed – A loft bed is a great way to make use of space in a small room. It can provide you with extra sleeping space, or you can use the space underneath for storage.
– Murphy Bed – A Murphy bed is a bed that can be folded up and stored in a closet or cabinet when not in use. This is a great way to save space in a small room.
– Corner Shelving Units – Corner shelving units are an excellent way to make use of space that would otherwise go unused. They can be used as bookcases or display space for decorative items like pictures and collectibles.
– Under the Stairs Storage – If you have stairs in your home, consider using them to store things underneath. This is a great way to save space and make use of space that would otherwise go unused!
It’s called Woodwork101. A database of detailed videos and blueprints in crystal clear, mouth-watering HD that will take you by the hand and show you that DIY home projects done the right way are easy, fun, and always of top quality… turning dream into reality in a heart-beat. Getting you that perfect build each and every time.
Shoe Storage Bench with a Coat Rack | DIY Entryway Project
What Is Shiplap?
Shiplap is a type of wooden board used for exterior and interior siding. Shiplap’s defining feature is its rabbeted edges, which allow boards to be overlapped to create a tight seal that protects the home from rain and wind. The space created by shiplaps overlapping makes it easier to install electricity, plumbing, and insulation.
Shiplap has been used for centuries in England, but it only recently gained popularity in the United States with the rise of rustic-chic home design trends. Nowadays, shiplap can be found on walls and ceilings both indoors and outdoors across America—and you can use woodworking skills to make your own!
A woodworking friend of mine shared this video by Ralph Chapman with me that helped him set up his workshop.
The video explains the benefits of Ralph Chapman’s guide about setting up an affordable workshop and avoiding the most common mistakes offers to anyone interested in woodworking.
Easy DIY Laundry Room Makeover with Plywood Shelves
What Are Floating Shelves?
If you’re looking for space saving DIY project ideas, floating shelves are a great option. Floating shelves are simply shelves that appear to be “floating” on the wall, without any visible supports. They can be made from a variety of materials, including wood, metal, and plastic.
Floating shelves are a popular choice because they’re a great way to add storage space without taking up any floor space. They’re also a great way to showcase your collection of books, artwork, or other decorative items.
If you’re interested in adding some floating shelves to your home, here are a few tips:
– Measure the space where you want to install the shelves and determine the size of the shelves you need.
– Choose a type of material and style for your shelves.
– Mark the location where you want to install the shelves on the wall and use a level to make sure they are straight.
– Drill pilot holes in the wall and then attach the brackets that will hold up the shelves.
– Attach the brackets to the wall and then attach the shelves.
– Decorate your space with books, artwork, or other items!
Laundry Room Space Saving Storage Ideas
You can find space saving storage ideas in the laundry room. If you have a tiny space, then this area is perfect to save space with good use of storage. You don’t need to buy any piece of furniture that will take up a lot of space. There are many ways to create your own space-saving storage for the laundry room.
Here are space saving storage ideas for your laundry room:
Use the space under washer and dryer to save space. Store items in bins underneath them. Use this space as much as possible by arranging shelves or drawers on both sides of the machines and place everything you need such as detergent, fabric softener, and dryer sheets. This space saving storage area will make the room look organized.
The space behind the door is often unused space that you can use for a space-saving storage idea. Use it to hang your ironing board or drying rack so you don’t have to take up more space in this small space.
If you have a small cabinet or shelf in the laundry room, use it to store your vacuum cleaner. This space saving storage will keep your vacuum cleaner out of the way until you need it.
You can also buy a tension rod and use it to hang cleaning supplies over the washer and dryer. This is an easy space saving storage idea that will keep your supplies handy.
Use a shelf to store laundry baskets instead of taking up space on the floor with them. This space-saving storage will help you organize your space and make it look neat.
Bathroom Space Saving Storage Ideas
If space is at a premium in your bathroom, then you know how frustrating it is to have an unorganized space. One of the best places to start when trying to organize your space and create more storage space for items that need to be kept out of sight, such as towels and toiletries, is within the shower area. Think outside of the box when you are looking for space saving storage ideas and consider doing something like replacing your current shower curtain with a space saving fabric curtain that has pockets sewn into it.
You can use these pockets to store extra shampoo bottles, conditioner, soap and more. You will be surprised at how much space this creates in your bathroom. Another space saving idea is to create a space-saving storage space above the toilet in your bathroom by installing shelves or cubbies on one wall.
If you are looking for more space in your bedroom, then consider adding an extra shelf to one of the walls in your bedroom and use it as a space saving storage area for towels and other items you use on a daily basis. If space is at a premium in your living room, consider using space saving furniture like an ottoman that also functions as storage space for blankets, pillows and other items you may need close at hand.
Last but not least, if you are looking for space saving ideas to help you organize your space, consider using space saving ideas to make your space more comfortable. For example, if you are short on space in your home and need a place to sit while watching television or reading a book, try adding an ottoman with storage space underneath it.
This way you can have access to the items you use most often without taking up space on the floor.
How to Build a Pantry for Extra Kitchen Storage
Pantry Space Saving Storage Ideas
If you’re looking for a way to free up space in your pantry, consider using some of these space saving storage ideas:
– Use stackable containers to store food items. This will save space on the shelves and make it easy to see what’s inside each container.
– Install a closet rod or tension rod in your pantry to hang grocery bags. This space saving storage idea is great for using the space that’s normally wasted on top of shelves too high for you reach.
– Use shelf risers so you can stack food items vertically, instead of horizontally across the pantry floor.
– Install a pullout trash and recycling bin in your pantry. This space saving storage idea will keep your pantry organized and make it easy to recycle items.
– Use door space to store food items. Install a wire shelf on the inside of your pantry door or use a tension rod to hang bags of food. This space saving storage idea is great for small kitchens with limited cabinet space.
DIY Dream Closet Makeover on a Budget!!
Closet Space Saving Storage Ideas
– Use stackable bins or shelves to organize your clothes
– Hang clothes on hangers that can also be used for storage, such as those with pockets or hooks
– Install a shoe rack that can be used for storage and space saving
– Place your shoes on the floor rather than hanging them up in order to get more space out of each square foot
– If you don’t have enough space for all your clothes, consider using garment bags instead—they take up less space!